Minutes of the December 5, 2001 Meeting
December 5, 2001
The Village Board of Trustees met in regular session on December 5th, 2001, in the Farley Room of Municipal Building.
Members Present: Mayor Keith Waldrop, Sherry Catt, Myrl Littlejohn, Carole Jones, Jack Gallion, Bonnie Finn, Bill Hatch, Jan Miller and Ladora Boyd.
Others Present: Chief Van Praag, Gary Lanter, Byron Sanders, Linda Craven (Oblong Gem), Lisa Ulrey (Robinson Daily News), Cory Utterback (Connor & Connor, Inc.), Les Rains (OTE Communications), Jeff Dhom (OTE Communications), Chris Dhom (OTE Communications), Judy Jones, Terry Manhart and Joe Randolph.
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Mayor Waldrop.
2. The minutes of November 7th were approved with a motion by Carole and a second by Bill. All ayes, motion carried.
3. There were no additions or deletions to the agenda this month.
4. There was one delinquent water bill customer at the meeting this month.
Terry Manhart came before the board questioning the water bill for $70 that he received last month. Then this month, he received a water bill for $19.10 due to a misreading of his water meter. Mr. Manhart, Dale and Bonnie, Water Committee Chairperson, are to meet and go over the two water bills.
5. Cory Utterback (Connor & Connor, Inc.) brought a sack of candy for the village in appreciation of the Village's business. Cory stated that Mr. Lapington will start Monday, December 10th, out at Stoy replacing some outdated water lines (weather permitting). Then Mr. Lapington is hoping to finish the trenching of the extension. The Mayor read a letter from the Village Attorney stating that the Fair Board will give the Village a 99 year lease for the lot where the new water tower will sit. The Mayor called Shannon Woodard and gave him permission to go ahead and survey the property.
6. Motion by Jack, with a second by Bonnie to allow the two taverns in town to stay open until 1 am on New Years Eve. All ayes, motion carried.
7. Mr. Rains from OTE Communications spoke about the updates that need to be done. He introduced Mr. Jeff Dhom, the Martinsville service technician, and Mr. Chris Dhom, the Oblong service technician. Mr. Rains stated that after all the updates to the Village's telephone system that OTE Communications will be offering Caller ID, Call Back, and etc. The trustees had a few questions that Mr. Rains answered.
8. The Board granted Doug Jones an extension on the removal of his old trailer until December 29th.
9. Keith stated that the Village had received a bill from Crawford County Development Association for this year's annual contribution. The amount is figured on the Village population times $3.00. Keith stated that this is part of a 3 year agreement. This will be the second year of the agreement.
10. Motion by Myrl, with a second by Bonnie to pay the Crawford County Development Association $4,740.00 for our annual commitment. Ayes: Bill, Bonnie, Myrl and Sherry. Nays: Jack and Carole. Motion carried.
11. The treasurer's report was given by Jan.
12. Motion by Jack, with a second by Bill, to pay the bills that were on the voucher and any utility bills or any bill that will incur a late charge. All ayes, motion carried.
13. Reports of Committees:
A. Police: Carole stated that everyone had a copy of the monthly police report. The chief will be attending a meeting with the Sheriff in Lawrenceville on December 6th. The meeting is called "Show Cap". Carole stated that the trustees had a copy of the minutes of the two committee meetings ( November 19th & 27th). (See attachment)
B. Buildings and Park: Sherry stated that the new playground equipment has been delivered and will be put together next spring. Sherry stated that Byron had requested a snow blower attachment for a riding lawn mower. Byron stated that he had called three different places in the county to get prices. The committee decided to have Byron check into prices for just a snow blower and bring them back to the next board meeting.
C. Sidewalks and Lights: No Report.
D. Street and Alley: No Report.
E. Water and Sewer: Bonnie asked if she needed to post a sign for a committee meeting to deal with Mr. Manhart's problem. It was decided that she and Dale could get together and talk it over with Mr. Manhart.
F. Finance: Bill stated that it is time to decide on Christmas Bonuses. Motion by Myrl, with a second by Jack to pay $115 to the full-time (Permanent) employees and $85 to the part-time employees. All ayes, motion carried.
14. Ladora stated that Jan and her will be attending their quarterly association meeting on December 13th in Ramsey, Illinois. The guest speaker will be from the Illinois State Archives Office.
15. A motion to adjourn at 8:00 pm was made by Jack, with a second by Carole. All ayes, motion carried.
Ladora Boyd, Clerk