Draft Minutes of
the May 1, 2002 Meeting
The Village Board of Trustees met in regular session on May 1st, 2002, in the Farley Room of the Municipal Building.
Members Present: Mayor Keith Waldrop, Trustee Sherry Catt, Trustee Myrl Littlejohn, Trustee Carole Jones, Trustee Jack Gallion, Trustee Bonnie Finn, Trustee Bill Hatch, Village Treasurer Jan Miller and Village Clerk Ladora Boyd.
Others Present: Public Works Superintendent Gary Lanter, Public Works Office Manager Dale Davis, Custodian Byron Sanders, Linda Cravens (Oblong Gem), Police Chief Chad Pusey, Sgt. Larry Fear and Michelle Lewis.
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Mayor Waldrop.
2. The Regular Meeting minutes of April 3rd were approved with a motion by Bonnie and a second by Bill. All ayes, motion carried.
3. There was no additions or deletions to the agenda this month.
4. There was one delinquent water bill customer at the meeting this month. Michelle Lewis came before the board to ask for an extension on her water bill of $27.68. She stated that she would be able to pay it on May 9th. The Board granted the extension.
5. Motion by Jack, with a second by Sherry to adopt Resolution #2002-2 and Resolution #2002-3 "Resolutions concerning state income tax and photoprocessing tax shared with municipalities."
6. The executive session was tabled until another time due to the personnel having a family emergency.
7. Keith stated that there needed to be an increase to Street & Alley insurance budget of $5,000.00. Keith stated on April 24th that he and some representatives from the community met with Jack Piper. At this meeting, a committee was formed consisting of Tim Attaway, Della Workman, Rondel Boyd and Keith Waldrop. The committee is going to try and get a spec home built out at the TIF site. John Larrabee approached Keith about the Village acquiring the ground where the oilfield museum is being built from the oilfield museum committee. Then have the Village sign a 99 years lease with the oilfield museum committee. Keith asked for the Village Board's permission for Him and Village Attorney Frank Weber to work with Mr. Larrabee on the paper work. It was granted.
8. The treasurer's report was given by Jan.
9. Motion by Carole, with a second by Bill, to pay the bills that were on the voucher and any utility bills or any bill that will incur a late charge. All ayes, motion carried.
10. Reports of Committees:
A. Police: Carole stated that everyone had a copy of the monthly police report. She mentioned that the service calls were up from last month. Attach is a list of the Police Agenda for May.
B. Buildings and Park: Sherry stated that the new playground equipment assembly is on hold until it dry up out at the Park. She still checking the lighting and electricity for the entrance to the Park. Sherry asked that the papers stated that people using the park and pathway need to keep their dog on a leash and also need to clean up after their dogs. Sherry stated that the Park is really looking good due to hard work of Paula and everyone. The local cub scouts would like to put up some birds house. There were no objection. Motion by Carole, with a second by Sherry to amend the rules dealing with rental on the Activity Center. The motion was to state that anyone renting the Activity Center has 5 working days to pay the deposit. Ayes: Bill, Jack, Carole, Sherry. Nays: Myrl. Abstain: Bonnie. Bonnie show a picture of a playground equipment in the shape of a train that cost $8,000. Bonnie felt that it should be put in the budget for next fiscal year. Keith stated that Orren Leggitt will start building a gazebo Around the 1st of June at the Mini Park. Keith stated that Otie Tuttle is going to set a electric pole on the northwest corner of the Mini Park. Keith is still trying to get a price on sprucing up the North wall. Keith talk to Gary about having the summer help to help with moving the fence so it will run east and west, then get the ground ready to sow some grass. Keith is hoping to have sidewalk leading from the gazebo. Keith stated that he is getting bids for the four section in front of the municipal building and out at the park where some old bushes were taken out.
C. Sidewalks and Lights: Jack stated Gary had two section of sidewalk replaced that needed to be replaced. Gary stated that his department had replaced a couple of small sections of sidewalk that needed it. Gary also stated that there are still some more small areas of sidewalk that needs to be replace.
D. Street and Alley: No Report.
E. Water and Sewer: Gary stated he had to sent in one of the lift pumps from out at the lagoon for repair. The repair will cost right round $3300. Keith stated that as of now we have everything into EPA for the new water tower.
F. Finance: Bill stated that he did not have anything at this time.
11. A motion to adjourn at 7:50 pm was made by Jack, with a second by Bill. All ayes, motion carried.
Ladora Boyd, Clerk