Minutes of the October 3, 2001 Board Meeting
October 3, 2001
The Village Board of Trustees met in regular session on October 3rd, 2001, in the Farley Room of Municipal Building.
Members Present: Mayor Keith Waldrop, Sherry Catt, Carole Jones, Jack Gallion, Bonnie Finn, Bill Hatch, Jan Miller and Ladora Boyd.
Absent: Myrl Littlejohn.
Others Present: Chief Van Praag, Gary Lanter, Dale Davis, Byron Sanders, Susie Menacher, Linda Craven (Oblong Gem), Loren Russell (Robinson Daily News), Frank Weber (Village Attorney), Sgt. Larry Fear, Judy Jones, Phil "Bones" Mendenhall, Jim Wallace, Treva Beals and Glen "Shorty" Price.
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Mayor Waldrop.
2. The Mayor read a letter of resignation from Trustee Randy Rich. The Mayor appointed Bill Hatch to fill the vacancy. There were no objection to this appointment.
3. The minutes of September 5th were approved with a motion by Bonnie and a second by Sherry. 5 ayes, motion carried.
4. There were four additions to the agenda this month.
First addition was Susie Menacher from Floyd's Place. She asked to be allowed to stay open an additional hour on Friday, October 26th and one Saturday a month from October to May; when they have a band playing. The attorney suggested that the Village would needed to amend the ordinance pertaining to tavern hours. Carole made a motion to amend the ordinance pertaining to tavern hours, with a second by Bill. Ayes: Bill and Carole. Nays: Bonnie, Jack and Sherry. Motion did not carried.
Second addition was Treva representing Chamber of Commerce. She ask that the Village pay for the Port-a-Potties (10) and the dumpster on October 27th. Motion by Jack, with a second by Carole to have the Village pay $650 for the rental of 10 Port-a-Potties and a dumpster for Fall Follies on October 27th. Ayes: Bill, Jack, Carole and Sherry. Nays: Bonnie. Motion carried.
Third addition was Glen "Shorty" Price. He came before the Village Board to ask a few questions. He wanted to know who authorize Ameren CIPS to remove the gas meter at 303 South Taylor Street. He was told to contact Ameren because the Village has nothing to do with gas meter. Gary stated that due to the fact that there is an outstanding water bill the water meter has been remove also.
Fourth Addition was Judy Jones. She came before the Board to ask permission to move a new mobile home in on corner of South Grant and East Alabama. Motion by Jack, with a second by Bonnie to allow Mrs. Jones to move her new mobile home and remove the old mobile home in 30 days after the new one is deliver and set up. 5 ayes, motion carried.
5. There was no delinquent water bill customers at the meeting this month.
6. Motion by Jack, with a second by Carole to adopt the Police Policies and Procedures Manual. 5 ayes, motion carried.
7. The Mayor table the approval of the Employees' Guidelines for another month until next Board meeting.
8. Motion by Jack, with a second by Sherry to adopt the Activity Center Rules. 5 ayes, motion carried.
9. The attorney suggested that the Village amend the Ordinance violation fee. Motion by Bonnie, with a second by Jack to amend the ordinance violation fine from a minimum of $25 to $75 + cost and from a maximum of $500 to $750 + cost. 5 ayes, motion carried. Ordinance # 01-434
10. The attorney suggested that the Village Board update the manufactured home ordinance. The Mayor table this issue until the November board meeting.
11. Motion by Sherry, with a second by Carole to adopt Resolution #01-7 "Corporate Authorization". 5 ayes, motion carried.
12. Mr. Wallace came before the Village Board to discuss Disaster Plan and who is in command in the field and what the local government position should be. Mr. Wallace would like to set up a night for the board and village employees to go thru disaster course.
13. Motion by Sherry, with a second by Jack to set Trick or Treat Night for October 31st from 5 pm to 8 pm and only where porch lights are on.
14. Keith mentioned that Rumpke's Fall Clean Up is October 5th. Keith stated that the Village attorney thinks that the Village will be able to close on the property on South Range next week.
15. The treasurer's report was given by Jan. Jan stated that there will be 2 Repo coming due next month. She will be sending out bid letters, so that the Village Board will open the bids at the next board meeting.
16. Motion by Bonnie, with a second by Sherry, to pay the bills that were on the voucher and any utility bills or any bill that will incur a late charge. Ayes: Bonnie, Jack, Carole and Sherry. Abstain: Bill. Motion carried.
17. Reports of Committees:
A. Police: Carole stated that everyone had a copy of the monthly police report. Carole stated that Greg Coker has past his Power test and started the Part-Time Training. There will be an all officers range training on October 9th. The chief will be attending a meeting in Springfield on October 10th. The chief will be speaking at Ridgeview Care Center on October 11th about walk-a-ways.
B. Buildings and Park: Sherry stated that so far the village has received $3,200 in donation for playground equipment out at the park. Sherry passed around a flyer that had the playground equipment that she feels would best fit the area out at the park. Motion by Carole, with a second by Jack to appoint Gary, Sherry and Keith as the Roof Maintenance Committee with the authority to go ahead and get the roof on the Municipal Building repaired.
C. Sidewalks and Lights: No report.
D. Street and Alley: Bonnie stated that she had receive a compliment on the parking in front of Fleek's. Motion by Jack, with a second by Bonnie to amend the working budget by $1,000 for the pressure washer to be divided by into Street & Alley, Sewer and Water. 5 ayes, motion carried.
E. Water and Sewer: No Report.
F. Finance: No Report.
18. The clerk will be attending the Illinois Municipal Clerk Institute on October 14th-19th. There were no objections.
19. A motion to adjourn at 8:55 pm was made by Carole, with a second by Sherry. 5 ayes, motion carried.
Ladora Boyd, Clerk