Village of Oblong
The Village Board of Trustees met in regular session on February 7th, 2007, in the Farley Room of the Municipal Building.
Member Present: Mayor Randy Rich, Clerk Ladora Boyd, Trustee Rick Catt, Trustee Bonnie Finn, Trustee Rick Houdasheldt, Trustee Sherry Catt, Trustee Debi Wilson and Treasurer Jan Miller.
Absent: Trustee Ken Russell.
Others Present: Police Chief Chad Pusey, Tom Compton (Daily News), and Daniel Fritchie.
1. The meeting was called to order at 7 pm by Mayor Rich.
2. The Regular Board Meeting minutes of January 3rd, 2007, were approved with a motion by Sherry and a second by Bonnie. Five (5) ayes, motion carried.
3. There were no additions or deletions to the agenda this month.
4. There were no water bill customers at the meeting this month.
5. There was some discussion on the age of a mobile home that can come into the Village limits. Rick C. suggested that instead of five (5) years or newer it should be ten (10) years or newer. The other trustees present at the meeting thought that would be better. Motion by Rick C., with a second by Rick H., to table Ordinance #2007-O-499 “An Ordinance to Amend Chapter 23, Manufactured Housing Code, Article I – General Provisions Section 23-1-1 Definitions of the Revised Code of Ordinances of Oblong, Illinois” until next month’s meeting. Five (5) ayes, motion carried.
6. Motion by Sherry, with a second by Debi, to allow Labor Local 1197 to collect donations for TLC of Southern & Central Illinois, Inc. on May 5th, 2007, at the 4-way stop from 9 am to 12 pm (Noon). Five (5) ayes, motion carried.
7. Randy read the letter sent to the Village by Crawford County Health Department. Randy asked Bonnie about the survey that was sent with the letter. Bonnie stated that she did not know about the survey due to missing the last Health Board Meeting. There were some discussion on the survey.
8. Under Mayor’s Comments : 1. Randy stated that the paperwork for the grant to help finance the Rt 33 project has been sent in and everything is progressing along. Randy stated that he had some more papers to sign. Mr. Bowersmith will be here tomorrow with the papers.
2. The Village has received the reimbursement of the cost for the clean-up behind the building that was collapsing. Sherry mentioned that since the repair to the building; the building does not have any guttering and when it rains there is a problem with water standing on the parking lot. Randy stated he would look into the situation and talk to the owner of the building.
3. Randy stated that the paperwork for the revolving loan fund from USDA has been sent in and everything is progressing along.
9. Reports of Committees:
A. Police: Rick H. stated that everyone had a copy of the monthly report. Rick stated that there will be the usual training this month. Rick stated that Chad helped in the apprehension of a residential burglar. Rick stated that Chad is starting to look at figures for the budget for next fiscal.
B. Building and Park: Sherry stated that there was no report at this time.
C. Sidewalks and Lights: Debi stated that there was no report at this time.
D. Street and Alley: Bonnie stated that there was no report at this time.
E. Water and Sewer: Randy stated that Gary and the guys were out working on a water leak this evening, so Gary had left some training requested with the mayor. The first request was for Gary and Travis to be allowed to attend the IRWA Annual Technical Conference on February 20th, 21st and 22nd in Effingham, the cost will be $110 per person. The second request was a training session sponsored by IML Risk Management and IDOT on February 16th at Lawrenceville for Flagger training from 8:30 am to Noon (12 pm). The third request was IRWA Lagoon Troubleshooting on March 7th, in Effingham from 7:30 am to 1:30 pm. Motion by Rick H., with a second by Bonnie, to grant the above requests from Gary. Five (5) ayes, motion carried.
F. Finance: Rick C. stated that a volunteer was needed to initial the bills this month. Debi volunteered to initial the bills for the month of February. Rick stated that Randy had given him the letter from Ameren. Rick stated that his recommendation would be not to sign up for the deferred billing plan. The Board agreed with Rick.
10. Motion by Rick C., with a second by Rick H., to pay the bills that were on the warranty list and any utility bills, bills that will incur a late charge or reimbursements to employees. Five (5) ayes, motion carried.
11. Under other business, Jan read a Thank you card from Andrea Rich. She wanted to thank the Village for the memorial stone sent in memory of her grandma.
12. Motion by Debi, with a second by Bonnie, to adjourn at 7:27 pm. Five
(5) ayes, motion carried.
Ladora C. Boyd