Village of Oblong
SPECIAL BOARD MEETING MINUTES
The Village Board of Trustees met in special session on Wednesday, April 16 th, 2008, in the Farley Room of the Municipal Building.
Members Present: Mayor Randy Rich, Clerk Ladora Boyd, Trustee Rick Catt, Trustee Joe Campanella, Trustee Rick Houdasheldt, Trustee Ken Russell, Trustee Tony Madlem, Trustee Debi Wilson and Treasurer Jan Miller.
Others Present: Public Works Superintendent Gary Lanter, Shannon Woodard (Connor & Connor, Inc.) and Part-time Patrol Officer Paul Maxwell.
1. At 6:45 pm, the Mayor called the Public Hearing to order.
2. Shannon explained that the public hearing is a requirement by CDAP for the emergency grant that the Village is applying for.
3. Shannon stated that the total estimate is $355,000, the grant application is for $100,000; so the Village will be responsible for $255,000 or remainder of the project cost.
4. Shannon stated that the survey the Public Works Department used to apply for the CDAP grant, a year ago, will work for the emergency grant application.
5. Shannon asked if there were any questions by the Board. The Board wanted to know how long it would be before the Village heard whither the emergency grant was awarded to us. Shannon said the Village would probably know in two to three weeks after the application was submitted.
6. The special board meeting for the CDAP emergency grant was called to order at 7 pm by Mayor Rich.
7. Shannon stated that the Board would need to pass a resolution on commitment of funds for the relocation of the water and sewer lines along Route 33 that the Village owns. Motion by Joe, with a second by Rick H., to adopt Resolution 2008-R-2. Ayes: Rick C., Joe, Rick H., Ken, Tony, Debi. Motion carried.
8. Shannon explained to the Board that they would need to pass some ordinances and a resolution at the next regular board meeting on May 7 th. Shannon left the sample ordinances and resolution with the clerk.
9. Motion by Rick C., with a second by Ken, to adjourn at 7:13 pm. All ayes, motion carried.