Village of Oblong
Draft Minutes for December 5, 2012 Meeting
The Village of Oblong Board of Trustees met in regular session on Wednesday, December 5th, 2012, in the Farley Room of the Municipal Building.
Members Present: Mayor Randy Rich, Clerk Ladora Boyd, Trustee Rick Catt, Trustee Joe Campanella, Trustee Rick Houdasheldt, Trustee Ken Russell, Trustee Tony Madlem and Treasurer Jan Miller.
Absent: Trustee Debi Wilson.
Others Present: Police Chief Chad Pusey, Public Works Superintendent Gary Lanter, Tom Compton (Daily News), Chris Forde (WTYE/WTAY), JJ Aten (Oblong Gem), Nick Hinterscher Daniel Fritchie, Doug Pringle and Judy Hudson.
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by Mayor Rich.
2. The Regular Board Meeting minutes of November 7th, 2012 and the Special Board Meeting minutes of November 20th, 2012 were approved with a motion by Ken and a second by Tony. Five (5) ayes, motion carried.
3. There were no additions or deletions to the agenda this month.
4. There were no water bill customers at the meeting this month.
5. Nick Hinterscher came before the Board to request that the taverns be allowed to stay open until 1:30 am with last call at 1 am on New Year’s Eve. The Board granted his request.
6. Randy stated that there had been some issues come up with the Restriction of Radio Frequencies and that he had talked with the Village attorney, but had not received any information back in time for the Board meeting. Motion by Tony, with a second by Rick C., to table Ordinance #2012-O-549 “An Ordinance to Restrict Radio Frequencies in the Village of Oblong” until the next meeting. Five (5) ayes, motion carried.
7. Rick C. stated that the Finance Committee recommended that the Board proceed with having Connor & Connor put the whole North Range Street Project out for bids. Motion by Rick C., with a second by Joe, to have Connor & Connor start the bidding process on the North Range Street Project. Five (5) ayes, motion carried.
8. Mayor’s Comments:
Randy mentioned that he will be going to Charleston on December 11th for the Energy Aggregation Bid letting.
Randy wished everyone a Merry Christmas.
9. Reports of Committees:
Police: Joe read the monthly report for November, 2012. Joe stated that there would be training this month on December 18 at Mattoon.
Building and Park: Gary stated that he had nothing to report this month. The generator is in place and being hooked up. It will probably be a few more weeks before the installation will be completed. There was some discussion on possibly erecting a safety barrier on the west side of the sidewalk due to the gas line being exposed.
Sidewalks and Lights: Rick H. stated that he had nothing to report this month.
Street and Alley: Tony stated that he had nothing more to report this month.
Water and Sewer: Ken stated that the Rural Extension have all been completed and received the okay to have the customers start connecting to the water lines.
Finance: Rick C. stated that Jan and Ladora would be attending the quarterly SECICTA Meeting tomorrow (December 6) at Dieterich. Rick also mentioned that it was time to set the Christmas Bonus for the employees. There was some discussion on raising the amounts this year. Motion by Rick C., with a second by Tony, to give the Full-time employees $125 and the Part-time employees $95. Five (5) ayes, motion carried.
G. Development: Tony stated that there was a little interest out at the TIF 2, but it is still in the discussion stage nothing concrete.
10. Motion by Rick H., with a second by Ken, to pay the bills that were on the warranty list and any utility bills, bills that will incur a late charge or reimbursements to employees. Five (5) ayes, motion carried.
11. There was one other item of business this month. Dan Fritchie gave the Mayor some information on the regulation from FCC on Radio Frequencies. The mayor thanked him for the information.
12. Motion by Rick C., with a second by Tony, to adjourn the meeting at 7:19
Five (5) ayes, motion carried.
Ladora C. Boyd