Village of Oblong
January 2, 2013
January 2nd, 2013
The Village of Oblong Board of Trustees met in regular session on Wednesday, January 2nd, 2013, in the Farley Room of the Municipal Building.
Members Present: Mayor Randy Rich, Clerk Ladora Boyd, Trustee Joe Campanella, Trustee Rick Houdasheldt, Trustee Tony Madlem, Trustee Debi Wilson and Treasurer Jan Miller.
Absent: Trustee Rick Catt and Trustee Ken Russell.
Others Present: Police Chief Chad Pusey, Public Works Superintendent Gary Lanter, Tom Compton (Daily News), Chris Forde (WTYE/WTAY) and Daniel Fritchie.
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by Mayor Rich.
2. The Regular Board Meeting minutes of December 5th, 2012 were approved with a motion by Debi and a second by Joe. Four (4) ayes, motion carried.
3. There were no additions or deletions to the agenda this month.
4. There were no water bill customers at the meeting this month.
5. Motion by Rick H., with a second by Tony, to adopt Ordinance #2013-O-549 “An
Ordinance Amending the Terms of an Electric Franchise Agreement with Ameren Illinois Company d/b/a Ameren Illinois”. Four (4) ayes, motion carried.
6. Mayor’s Comments:
Randy stated that the Village Attorney is still looking into the possibility of restricting radio frequencies in the Village for the wireless speaker system.
Randy stated the opt-out letters are starting to show up in the mail. He wants to make sure that everyone, who wants to go with Homefield as their electric supplier, does not have to do anything with the letter.
7. Reports of Committees:
Police: Joe read the monthly report for December, 2012, and the yearend report for 2012. Joe stated that there will not be any training this month.
Building and Park: Debi stated that she had nothing to report this month.
Sidewalks and Lights: Rick H. stated that he would like to thank whoever cleared the sidewalks in the downtown area.
Street and Alley: Tony stated that he had talked with John Stone, from Connor & Connor. Tony stated that they have the plans about completed and ready to send to IDOT for approval.
Water and Sewer: Gary stated that there was nothing to report for this month.
Finance: Randy asked Jan and Ladora if there was anything that needed to be discussed for finance. They stated that there was nothing to report for this month.
G. Development: Tony stated that he had nothing new to report this month.
8. Motion by Joe, with a second by Tony, to pay the bills that were on the warranty
list and any utility bills, bills that will incur a late charge or reimbursements to employees. Four (4) ayes, motion carried.
9. There were no other items of business this month.
10. Motion by Rick H., with a second by Debi, to adjourn the meeting at 7:13 pm.
Four (4) ayes, motion carried.
Ladora C. Boyd