DRAFT MINUTES OF SPECIAL BOARD MEETING
July 14, 2003
The Village Board of Trustees met for special session on July 14th, 2003, in the Farley Room of the Oblong Municipal Building.
Members Present: Mayor Keith Waldrop, Clerk Ladora Boyd, Trustee Bill Hatch, Trustee Bonnie Finn, Trustee Jack Gallion, Trustee Carole Jones, Trustee Sherry Catt and Trustee Debi Wilson.
Others Present: Chief Chad Pusey, Sgt. Larry Fear, Public Works Superintendent Gary Lanter, Charlotte Cannon (Oblong Gem), Juanita Bowman, Wanda Holliday, Violet Gilman, Beverly Hoke, Charles L. Hoke Jr., Linda Cravens and Phillip Akeman.
1. The meeting was called to order at 5:08 pm by Mayor Waldrop.
2. Mayor stated that all the trustees should have received a call complaining about rabbits being raised in the 400 block of West Illinois. Mr. Hoke handed the Mayor, a signed petition by neighbors of the problem. A copy of the petition is attached. There was some discussion on where to draw the line on how many rabbits are to many. There was a copy from page 63 of the Revised Code of Ordinances of Oblong, Illinois.(See second attachment) There also was some discussion about other farm animals inside the village limits. Carole stated that the Village Board is not against 4-H Projects but when going into business that is another thing.
3. Motion by Jack, with a second by Carole, to have Matt and Cathy Ping remove
all their rabbits from behind there house at 406 West Illinois Street, by Friday,
July 25th, 2003. Ayes: Bill, Bonnie, Jack, Carole, Sherry. Abstain: Debi. Motion
4. Mrs. Bowman came before the Board to complain about neighbors' dogs and condition of a dog pen. Mrs. Holliday, who is also a neighbor of said dogs, has had a bush torn up by one of the dog getting out of it's yarn. The Mayor stated that they need to call the police when the dogs get lose or caught in the fence, so that the police can handle the problem when it happens.
5. Bonnie stated that Jerry Stephens had contacted her about a stray dog around his residence.
6. Motion by Jack, with a second by Bonnie, to adjourn at 5:48 pm. All ayes, motion carried.
Ladora Boyd, Clerk